Thursday, October 21, 2010

Psalms Update, "How Great is the Love"

Hello friends...

I sent out an email yesterday in which I reminded some folks that we are just about 9 weeks away from Christmas. I'm already starting to listen to the "sounds of the season" and I'm worried I'll be sick of Christmas music by Dec. 24th! Actually, it's hard for me to be sick of good Christmas music (not the cheesy stuff they constantly play on the radio) as I love Christmas and the music that goes along with it.

But back to the present...this week we are reading through Psalms 21-25. I'll be posting a reflection on these in the next day or so. Please continue to share your thoughts, insights, interactions with the text as you spend some time reading and meditating.

Yesterday morning I attended Men's Fraternity here at Living Word. When we broke into small group time our leader Gary started it by having us listen to Paul Baloche's song "How Great is the Love". This song has ministered to my heart as a beautiful response to the gospel. We sang it as a special at last year's Thanksgiving service, and I've been meaning to introduce it as a worship song. But hearing it again, I sat in my chair, surrounded by several other men, and tears began to pour down my face. It was a great reminder of His love, His sacrifice.

I encourage you to take a few minutes to listen to this song - perhaps with the lights lower, or in a prayerful state - and let its message speak to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment