Monday, February 6, 2012

God is Able

This Sunday we are introducing another new song called "God is Able." P. Brian Rice will be preaching from Philippians 4:13, where Paul says that "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." I think this song will help us 1) prepare our hearts to hear from God's Word, and 2) respond to what we have heard through declaring this truth together.

Like any worship song, it is a means by which we might connect with God - or, as Constance Cherry says in her book Worship Architect - have a dialogue with Him.

On this Monday morning, I encourage you to take 5 minutes of your day and watch this video of Hillsongs performing "God is Able". Sure, you could check out what the musicians are doing, or the platform presence aspect - but I want you to just receive the message of this song. I want our hearts to be filled with this truth - that God is with us, for us, able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment